#Opinyon #Opinion #GNBCnews
FOR YOUR INFORMATION. The Opinions or Editorials published in this website are reactions to News Articles published by News Media. This exercise is a manifestation that Democracy and Freedom of Expression in the Philippines exists. However, the accuracy and the authenticity of the News Articles published by News Media are of their responsibility and is subject to the governing laws of the Philippine Constitution.
Iran vows to attack Israel and Dubai if US responds to missile assault in chilling warning to American allies in region
January 8, 2020
A CHILLING warning has been issued by Iran that it will attack American allies including Dubai and Israel if the US retaliates to its missile response.
Top general Qasem Soleimani was killed in an American drone strike ordered by president Trump on Friday.
Iran retaliated to the killing by targeting US bases in Iraq with at least 15 missiles last night.
Israel’s caretaker Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said this morning that anyone who attacked the country would receive a “resounding blow”.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard released a statement following last night’s missile strikes, which was carried by Iranian news agency IRNA, warning the US against further aggression.
The Guard warned “US allies that are providing bases to America’s terrorist army that any country serving as the origin of bellicose and aggressive attacks in any form against the Islamic Republic of Iran” would be targeted.
It also threatened to bomb Dubai and Israel on its TV channel, The Mail reports.
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei called last night’s strikes “a slap in the face” for the US.
Addressing a gathering of people in Tehran this morning he said: “What is important is that the corruptive presence of the US in this region must end,” Iranian Tasnim News Agency reports.
He added: “They (Americans) have brought war, discord, sedition and destruction to this region; they brought about destruction of infrastructures”.
Iranian state television has claimed at 80 “American terrorists” were killed in last nights missile strikes, but statements from the US government and Iraqi military suggest there were no casualties.
President Trump took to Twitter to respond to the attacks.
He wrote: “All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now.
“So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far!”
Ten of the ballistic missiles struck the Al Asad Airbase in Iraq, one hit the town of Erbil, and four others were unsuccessful in hitting their targets, according to a US official.
Soon after the missiles were launched, Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif called the attack a proportionate measure in self-defence and said he doesn’t want the situation to escalate.