MAG-INGAT SA ALAK NA HINDI DUMAAN SA GOV’T TESTING. Biktima ng Lambanog Poisoning, tumaas pa.


#Opinyon #Opinion #GNBCnews

FOR YOUR INFORMATION. The Opinions or Editorials published in this website are reactions to News Articles published by News Media. This exercise is a manifestation that Democracy and Freedom of Expression in the Philippines exists. However, the accuracy and the authenticity of the News Articles published by News Media are of their responsibility and is subject to the governing laws of the Philippine Constitution.

Lambanog poisoning death toll climbs to 22

December 29, 2019

The death toll from lambanog poisoning in the provinces of Laguna and Quezon climbed to 22 after another fatality was recorded.

According to a Sunday 24 Oras Weekend report, the latest victim was 46-year-old Enrico Magbuhos from Quezon.

Quezon Police said Magbuhos and 25-year-old Reymart Magbuhos drank lambanog on the morning of December 23.

The following day, the two experienced stomach pains and headaches before losing consciousness.

Enrico died on Christmas Day due to methanol toxicity while Reymart was discharged last Friday.

The victims said they purchased the liquor from Rey’s Lambanog Store in Candelaria, the same brand that was identified by other victims of lambanog poisoning.

The owner of Rey’s Lambanog had earlier claimed that their product was safe and that their business was being sabotaged.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III called on the public to lessen, if not completely abandon, their drinking habits.

“Kung hindi naman talaga ninyo maiiwasan, maging mapanuri tayo. Tingnan niyo kung ‘yung mga lambanog na ‘yan ay may Certificate of Product Registration mula sa Food and Drug Administration,” said Duque. — Julia Mari Ornedo/DVM, GMA News

SOURCE/S
Lambanog poisoning death toll climbs to 22